1. Rebound Hammer test is a Non-destructive testing method of concrete which provide a convenient and rapid indication of the compressive strength of the concrete. The rebound hammer is also called as Schmidt hammer that consist of a spring controlled mass
2. To determine the compressive strength of the concrete by relating the rebound index and the compressive strength
3. To assess the uniformity of the concrete
4. To assess the quality of the concrete based on the standard specifications
5. To relate one concrete element with other in terms of quality
Rebound hammer test method can be used to differentiate the acceptable and questionable parts of the structure or to compare two different structures based on strength.